Voice Service?

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Feb 26 02:10:39 PST 2014

Hey,

I've got a 'aleksander/voice' branch in my personal libqmi git repo at:
  https://bitbucket.org/aleksander0m/libqmi.git

And another 'aleksander/voice' branch in my personal MM git repo at:
  https://bitbucket.org/aleksander0m/modemmanager.git

The libqmi changes add some basic support for the Voice service
messages, while the MM changes just make sure a Voice client is created
along with other QMI service clients when the modem gets enabled.

Now, I've tried to test it with my MC7710 (Voice 2.1), by making a voice
call from a phone to the device, and I was expecting to get some QMI
notification about the new call, but got nothing.

I also tried with a Qualcomm E396 (Voice 1.0), and in this one I do get
a QMI notification when the call is attempted, but it's not translated
properly as the libqmi changes add support for Voice 2.0, not Voice 1.0.

Has anyone tried to play with this already? Any hint on why the MC7710
doesn't fire any notification?