MC7430 modem issue

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Dec 24 02:22:43 PST 2015

dailijin <dailijin126 at 126.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>

> Refer to https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/drivers/net/usb/qmi_wwan.c?id=93725149794d3d418cf1eddcae60c7b536c5faa1 , I have added the patch into my qmi_wwan driver, and now I can get QMI response now, and also do QMI connection successfully  via command "qmi-network  /dev/cdc-wdm14 start", but can not fetch IP via dhclient now. I check the data format which is 'raw-ip', and can't be changed via qmi command, this maybe why I can't get IP. because I remember MC7304 and MC7354  can work before only after I set '802-3' as data format for them.
>

> Is there anyone have made MC7430 work?  I will appreciate you very much if you can give me some suggestions?

Did you patch the driver for raw-ip support as well?  You'll need at
least these 3 patches:

 https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/drivers/net/usb/usbnet.c?id=81e0ce79f2919dbd5f025894d29aa806af8695c7
 https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/drivers/net/usb/qmi_wwan.c?id=6c730080e663b1d629f8aa89348291fbcdc46cd9
 https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/drivers/net/usb/qmi_wwan.c?id=32f7adf633b9f99ad5089901bc7ebff57704aaa9

Switch the netdev to raw-ip by

 echo Y >/sys/class/net/wwan0/qmi/raw_ip

etc.

If you want to do DHCP, then your choices of DHCP clients are limited at
the moment.  But I found that the busybox DHCP client (udhcpc) works
fine without any changes (although it still claims the interface is
"ethernet").

And finally, if you want kernel SLAAC, you'll either need to set a link
local address manually, configure the interface for "stable-privacy"
addresses, or get this patch for fully automatic addressing:

 https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/net/ipv6/addrconf.c?id=cc9da6cc4f56e05cc9e591459fe0192727ff58b3