QMI protocol error (3): 'Internal' when running dms-set-operating-mode

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Mar 2 08:53:58 PST 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Isaac Raway <isaac at mm.st> wrote:
> Thought I had replied to this but can't find it now... when I try to do
> the proxy command I get this error:
>
> $ sudo ~/bin/qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm1 --dms-set-fcc-authentication
> --proxy
> error: Unknown option --proxy

My fault, that should be either "-p" or "--device-open-proxy"

>> Anyway.... if you get both libqmi and ModemManager git master, you
>> should already have it handled ;)
>>
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/commit/?id=a83d1c70b1f433bcb9a33b4cb1b5e3032050a104
>
> Not sure why but I'm a little more concerned about getting ModemManager
> itself from git. Should this be fairly stable? Reluctant to keep poking
> it when it 'works' now, although it is a bit hacky. I would strongly
> prefer to have the card work on boot up but messing around in systemd
> isn't really my specialty.

If you're worried about stability you can get the latest "mm-1-4"
branch from git:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/log/?h=mm-1-4

Or otherwise, get the latest stable release which includes that fix:
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/ModemManager/ModemManager-1.4.4.tar.xz