Carrier certification with libqmi ?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Oct 13 14:52:38 PDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-10-13 at 13:39 -0700, Ramesh Siripurapu wrote:
> Has anyone passed carrier certification using libqmi ?  I see they are asking for UI or a client app to provide them lot of control and visibility while they are doing their tests. Some of them (below) I am not sure how to do using libqmi. I would appreciate any help. Need to decided whether we need to add official Gobi drivers and SDK for this purpose.
>
> - initiate PRL update (from network) on the client

Not supported in libqmi yet, but it doesn't look horrible to do.  Seems
to be done by starting an OMA "session" with the specific type
(client/network/device initiated PRL update) and letting the session run
to completion.

> - initiate Firmware update (from network) on the client

For this one, I cannot find anything in the Gobi SDK that allows a
network-initiated firmware update.  But since the latest public Gobi SDK
stuff is a couple years old now, maybe they've added it later?

Client firmware upgrades may already work, Aleksander would have more
info there.

> - set MIP NAI on the client device

Not sure about this one.

> - enable/disable LTE bands
> - factory-reset the modem

These two are implemented.  LTE bands via
qmi_message_nas_set_system_selection_preference_input_get_lte_band_preference() and reset via qmi_client_dms_restore_factory_defaults().

Dan