Carrier certification with libqmi ?

Ramesh Siripurapu ramesh.siripurapu at aptiwiz.com
Tue Oct 13 20:01:19 PDT 2015

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the pointers. Please see inline

13.10.2015, 14:52, "Dan Williams" <dcbw at redhat.com>:

>>  - initiate PRL update (from network) on the client
>
> Not supported in libqmi yet, but it doesn't look horrible to do. Seems
> to be done by starting an OMA "session" with the specific type
> (client/network/device initiated PRL update) and letting the session run
> to completion.

I do see OMA DM APIs in libqmi, but there is no qmicli support for them. I am assuming, I can do following sequence to update the NI PRL. Please correct me if I am wrong
qmi_message_oma_start_session_input_new ()
qmi_message_oma_start_session_input_set_session_type (QMI_OMA_SESSION_TYPE_NETWORK_INITIATED_PRL_UPDATE)
qmi_client_oma_start_session ()
qmi_client_oma_start_session_finish ()

What are the QmiMessageOmaSendSelectionInput and QmiMessageOmaSetFeatureSettingInput for ? Do I have to call any of those APIs ?

>>  - initiate Firmware update (from network) on the client
>
> For this one, I cannot find anything in the Gobi SDK that allows a
> network-initiated firmware update. But since the latest public Gobi SDK
> stuff is a couple years old now, maybe they've added it later?

Latest Gobi SDK has network initiated firmware update in SWI OMA DM APIs.  This is not available yet in libqmi.

SLQSOMADMStartSession 	( 	ULONG  	sessionType	)

Starts an OMA-DM session.

Parameters
    sessionType[IN]

        Session type
            0x01 - FOTA, to check availability of FW Update
            0x02 - DM, to check availability of DM Update

>>  - set MIP NAI on the client device
>
> Not sure about this one.

Gobi SDK has support for MIP in WDS service APIs

SetMobileIP 	( 	ULONG  	mode	)
SetMobileIPProfile (CHAR *pSPC, BYTE index, BYTE *pEnabled, ULONG *pAddress, ULONG *pPrimaryHA, ULONG *pSecondaryHA, BYTE *pRevTunneling, CHAR *pNAI, ULONG *pHASPI, ULONG *pAAASPI, CHAR *pMNHA, CHAR *pMNAAA)