3G Modem MC8805:qmicli succesfuly connected but no IP after dhclient

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Oct 27 03:42:51 PDT 2015

Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> writes:
> "Benoît" <benoitne at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I also noticed that my interface had NOARP flag I also change it to
>> support ARP but no change ..
>
> Hmm, where did that get set?  It's not in the driver AFAIK.

Hey, wait!  You are using qmi_wwan and not cdc_mbim here, right?

(That might sound like a stupid question given the successful QMI
commands, but some Sierra QMI devices will *probe* the management
protocol. They will happily do QMI on an MBIM device driven by the
cdc_mbim driver.  Networking won't work though, since the framing
obviously isn't very compatible)