3G Modem MC8805:qmicli succesfuly connected but no IP after dhclient

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Oct 27 03:38:22 PDT 2015

"Benoît" <benoitne at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for your reply and excuse me to not be accurate..
> Command is working and the 802-3 is set properly.
> I set it before issuing the qmi-network script (and also check after
> if the status is still 802-3).
>
> when I said no success it is related to the fact that when I tried to
> do a dhclient on my wwan interface I don't receive anything. (tcpdump
> is showing me that the dhcp request are sent properly but no reply
> back).

OK, so that makes it option 4.  Too bad.  Don't have much more to
suggest then.  Except maybe manually configuring the IP address based on
connection data from QMI. That should be qmicli --wds-get-current-settings, I
believe.

If that doesn't help, then we probably need some snooping. Unless
someone else has a clue?

I'm afraid the network snooping isn't going to tell us much more that
you say above.  See https://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/USB for
instructions on USB snooping on both Linux and Windows.  It would
definitely be useful to know which mode Windows use this device, and how
Windows configures the address(es).

> I also noticed that my interface had NOARP flag I also change it to
> support ARP but no change ..

Hmm, where did that get set?  It's not in the driver AFAIK.