3G Modem MC8805:qmicli succesfuly connected but no IP after dhclient

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Oct 27 14:27:21 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 5:23 PM, BenoƮt <benoitne at gmail.com> wrote:
> just a quick one
> I have installed libqmi succesfully (libqmi (libqmi-glib, qmicli) 1.13.5)
>
> qmicli -V
>
> qmicli 1.13.5
> Copyright (C) 2015 Aleksander Morgado
> License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later
> <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>
>

> when I autoconf ModemManager it doesn't find the libqmi I guess because of
> some linking librairies issue?
>
> ModemManager  git:(master) # ./autogen.sh
> [...]
> checking for MBIM... yes
> checking for QMI... no
> configure: error: Couldn't find libqmi-glib >= 1.13.5. Install it, or
> otherwise configure using --without-qmi to disable QMI support.

Assuming you didn't explicitly give a --prefix, then libqmi got
installed in /usr/local; which means that you need to tell the
compilation setup of ModemManager where to look for the new libqmi. I
usually do it this way:

$ NOCONFIGURE=1 ./autogen.sh
$ PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install

Then you'll get ModemManager ready to be used as:

$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib /usr/local/sbin/ModemManager --debug