Model: Option GTM689W ---- GPS

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Oct 28 08:35:25 PDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-10-28 at 09:07 +0100, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> Hey Danny,
>

> > Using uqmi proto to connect on internet is working fine.
>
> Nice! however, please take into account that uqmi is a custom
> implementation which doesn't use libqmi. Just a heads up. If your
> issue is uqmi-specific I'd suggest you ask in the OpenWRT forums
> instead, not because we don't want to discuss them here, but because
> you'd reach the correct developers there.
>
> > However, Im having a problem with Option GTM689W to enable GPS.
> > Whenever i execute AT_OGPSMODE=1 im getting a return ERROR.
> > Is there any way or tools to execute the AT commands?
> >

> In ModemManager we use AT_OGPS=2 to enable a continuous GPS fix in
> Option/HSO devices. That would enable the GPS NMEA traces in the port
> flagged as "gps data". But I don't know if that will work in your
> case; in ModemManager we default to using the "PDS" QMI service to get
> GPS enabled/disabled and to read the NMEA traces.

It looks like AT_OGPSMODE is used on some devices (MSM62xx ones at
least?) while AT_OGPSP is used on others (MSM72xx at least).  OGPSMODE
sets whether AGPS is enabled or not.  OGPSP is much more detailed and
allows setting AGPS, accuracy, time between fixes, etc.

ModemManager uses QMI if the modem supports it, which provides all the
stuff that OGPSP provides.

Dan