QMI protocol error (26): 'NoEffect' on stopping

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Sep 24 04:07:48 PDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Kavula Suresh <kavulas at gmail.com> wrote:
> After identified as Disconnected from status command - While stopping
> network:
>
> Issue # 1:   error: couldn't stop network: QMI protocol error (26):
> 'NoEffect'
> Then, we do see "Network stopped successfully"
>
> Once above Issues appears, when we try start network gets following issue:
>
> Issue # 2:
> error: cannot re-start network, PDH already exists
>
> After Issue # 2 appears, when I try to get status, receives following
> message:
>
> Issue:3
> error: operation failed: Transaction timed out
> error: couldn't get packet service status

Could you provide full debug logs of qmicli operations? If you're
using qmi-network, you can reproduce manually one by one all the
commands being sent.

Having the device in auto-connect mode could be a reason of your
issues, as Markus said. We don't have anything in libqmi/qmicli to
manage those (yet).