MC7430 modem issue

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed Apr 6 06:12:30 UTC 2016

No. dhclient checks that the interface type is ethernet and refuse to
run on anything else.  This is not likely to ever change.  Patches
fixing the issue for DHCPv6 over PPP (where it is a major problem) have
been floating around on the ISC mailing lists for a decade, and are
still not applied.

Use another DHCP client or use static IP config.

Bjørn