qmicli command to kill a connection indiscriminately?

Evade Flow evadeflow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 20:39:53 UTC 2016

[Forgot to include the list on my reply, correcting that...]

> The ctl sync message should kill anything and everything.

Sounds promising, but... erm, can you explain how to send this message
using `qmicli`? The help doesn't mention this message at all. I thought
maybe running this command would provide a clue:

```
$ sudo ~/bin/qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wda-get-supported-messages
error: couldn't get supported WDA messages: QMI protocol error (71):
'InvalidQmiCommand'
```

(I did this because of a blog post by Aleksander in which I found the
phrase "use the WDA service to set the net data format in new modems
instead of the old CTL service".)

I tried variations of this:

```
$ sudo ~/bin/qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wda-sync
error: Unknown option --wda-sync
```
but all came up empty.  I give up—can you give me a hint? `:-]