qmicli / Sierra EM7455

Sebastian Sjoholm sebastian.sjoholm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 08:40:29 UTC 2016

The hardware is actually an Hummingboard Gate from Solid-Run, it has an
mPCIe slot where I have been using an range of modems with good success.
Since the EM7455 is M.2, I have an M.2 to mPCIe adapter in the mPCIe slot.

No special design for EM7455, so the mPCIe slot only have the USB 2
connectivity, therefor you don't see any superspeed.

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 1199:9071 Sierra Wireless, Inc.
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.10
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x1199 Sierra Wireless, Inc.
  idProduct          0x9071
  bcdDevice            0.06
  iManufacturer           1 Sierra Wireless, Incorporated
  iProduct                2 EM7455
  iSerial                 0

I still seem to have issue with DHCP from the modem after qmicli has done
the connection, but I get back to that in a moment.

Regards,
Sebastian

--

Sebastian Sjöholm