qmicli / Sierra EM7455

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Mar 10 13:18:31 UTC 2016

Sebastian Sjoholm <sebastian.sjoholm at gmail.com> writes:

> It seems to be common thing to move to MHF4 when using M.2, I can see the
> MHF2 on several Huawei M.2 modems as well (ME936 etc).

Yes.  I have several different M.2 modems from different vendors, and
they all use the same tiny connectors.  I assume there is some spec
somewhere with this as a requirement.  Which of course is nice if you
have a system designed for M.2 modems.  It just doesn't fit well with
the M.2 to mPCIe adapters, since most systems with mPCIe and builtin
antennas will use U.FL connectors.

>> > Bus 002 Device 003: ID 1199:9071 Sierra Wireless, Inc.
>>
>> Thanks.  OK, so the first entry I added to qmi_wwan was actually correct
>> then. This is the same ID as my MC7455.  Well, I guess there is no harm
>> in the comment change I made...
>>
>> The EM7455 entry I found in Lenovo's driver package is possibly an OEM
>> specific one then?  Makes sense, as I did find it again in an
>> USB_APP_BOOT_PIDS NVRAM setting in The OEM specific update
>> 1102662_9905046_EM7455_02.05.07.00_00_Lenovo-Laptop_001.003_000.nvu
>>

> I think the firmware 02.08.02.00 and above is generic use, below this is
> for sure OEM use, and version 01.xx.xx.xx was used on the engineering
> samples.

Yup.  Just to be clear:  The NVRAM update I referred to was part of the
Lenovo 02.08.02.00 firmware package (despite the other numbers in the
file name).  It's just a file with what appears to be OEM NVRAM
settings.  Some of them are quite interesting, like:

 ANTITHEFT_PASSWORD
 ANTITHEFT_MODE
 ANTITHEFT_PHNUMS
 ANTITHEFT_AUTOPIN1

>> Make sure the driver is configured for raw-ip first:
>>
>>  bjorn at nemi:~$ grep . /sys/class/net/wwan0/qmi/raw_ip
>

>  root at x088:~# grep . /sys/class/net/wwan0/qmi/raw_ip
> root at x088:~# grep . /sys/class/net/wwan1/qmi/raw_ip
>
> Seems an "NO" for my raw_ip in qmi_wwan, how do I change this?

echo Y >/sys/class/net/wwan0/qmi/raw_ip
echo Y >/sys/class/net/wwan1/qmi/raw_ip