qmicli / Sierra EM7455

Sebastian Sjoholm sebastian.sjoholm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 11:35:11 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:

> Ah, right.  So that explains why you have USB2 only.  Why use m.2 when
> the same modem is available in mPCIe? Did you need the smaller MHF4
> antenna connectors? I usually find them to be more of a problem, as the
> pigtails are much more difficult to come by.  Actually had to make my
> own when I used an m.2 adapter in my laptop, converting to the laptops
> original U.FL antenna connectors.

Actually the only reason I have the EM7455 was that the vendor did not have
the MC7455, and the availability at that time where not that good.

And yes, the antenna connector is really small, and of course not same size
as the other modules. I use MHF4 to SMA which I then can connect to
further.

It seems to be common thing to move to MHF4 when using M.2, I can see the
MHF2 on several Huawei M.2 modems as well (ME936 etc).

> > Bus 002 Device 003: ID 1199:9071 Sierra Wireless, Inc.
>
> Thanks.  OK, so the first entry I added to qmi_wwan was actually correct
> then. This is the same ID as my MC7455.  Well, I guess there is no harm
> in the comment change I made...
>
> The EM7455 entry I found in Lenovo's driver package is possibly an OEM
> specific one then?  Makes sense, as I did find it again in an
> USB_APP_BOOT_PIDS NVRAM setting in The OEM specific update
> 1102662_9905046_EM7455_02.05.07.00_00_Lenovo-Laptop_001.003_000.nvu

I think the firmware 02.08.02.00 and above is generic use, below this is
for sure OEM use, and version 01.xx.xx.xx was used on the engineering
samples.

> Make sure the driver is configured for raw-ip first:
>
>  bjorn at nemi:~$ grep . /sys/class/net/wwan0/qmi/raw_ip

 root at x088:~# grep . /sys/class/net/wwan0/qmi/raw_ip
root at x088:~# grep . /sys/class/net/wwan1/qmi/raw_ip

Seems an "NO" for my raw_ip in qmi_wwan, how do I change this?

Regards,
Sebastian