Sierra MC7455 TCP Congestion Control

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 17:14:00 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-01-10 at 07:58 -0800, Noah Taber wrote:
> It's something that android has access to.  I figured it might
> improve
> things through the internet if we had direct access to that parameter
> as
> well.

I could be wrong, but typically all TCP congestion control would be
handled on the host side (eg, in the Linux kernel) and using the
kernel's congestion control algorithms.  The modem doesn't care; it
just passes along a data stream to the network, possibly subjecting it
to QoS inside the modem.

So do you mean QoS instead?  QMI has some capabilities to define QoS on
each packet itself, and you can also create data bearers with specific
QoS settings ("requested" and "minimum" QoS).  These are actually
controlled/handled by the modem and by the network.

Dan