Sierra MC7455 TCP Congestion Control

Tang Nguyen tang_nguyen at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 18:33:49 UTC 2017

I agreed with Dan that TCP congestion is controlled by host - not by modem itself.
I experienced pretty low data rate on  LTE modem (MC7350) due to MTU setting between host and modem interface.  By default, Sierra has set MTU as 1430, and if MTU of wwanX  has default value, which is 1500 ,  then you would get pretty low data rate.

To be sure data is not fragmented along the path, you can set MTU of wwanX as 1430 and use iptable utility  with option  "clamp-mss-to-pmtu" on wwanX interface.
Doing that, performance would be improved a lot.

Regards

--tang