MC7455 problem

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Jan 11 09:36:16 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 9:48 AM, heni wael <waelheni91 at gmail.com> wrote:
> And other thing
>
> I Blacklisted the qmi_wwan  used GobiKernel and GobiSerial drivers provided
> by Sierra but cant connect to qmi interface at all  using qmi-cli
> (qmicli -d  /dev/qcqmi0 --dms-get-manufacturer
> [11 ينا 2017, 03:08:31] -Warning ** Error reading from istream: Error
> reading from file descriptor: Invalid request descriptor
> error: couldn't create client for the 'dms' service: CID allocation failed
> in the CTL client: Device must be open to send commands

/dev/qcqmi0 is the character device exposed by the GobiNet driver;
qmicli doesn't work with it.

qmicli works only with the /dev/cdc-wdm devices exposed by the
qmi_wwan driver. I'd remove GobiNet and GobiSerial all together, as
you don't need them (unless there's a reason to have them, in which
case you cannot currently use qmicli).

I should update libqmi to work with the /dev/qcqmi devices one day...