aleksander/qmi-firmware-update v2: dms-list-stored-images on MC7430

Sebastian Sjöholm sebastian.sjoholm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:17:46 UTC 2017

> On 19 Jan 2017, at 13:29, Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Aleksander Morgado
> <aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:
>>> Only thing I noted that I had to give it a reboot before I was able to get
>>> the QMI communication up and working, please see the complete log below.
>>>

>> This is the second time we've seen this, Christophe also saw it if I'm
>> not mistaken. But this is very very strange, because the
>> qmi-firmware-update tool actually does use QMI properly just before it
>> exits (it queries the current firmware preference and so on). I
>> usually play with the MC7455 in MBIM mode, I'll try to switch to QMI
>> and see if I can reproduce that issue.
>
> No idea; I cannot reproduce that issue myself. Is there any other
> thing running in the system that may be using QMI? I'm assuming you
> don't have e.g. ModemManager running, right?

No MM installed, and nothing else that should actively be using QMI. I have my python application for modem communication, but it will only use the qmicli from shell when doing data connect and disconnect, and there was no activity during the upgrade.

I will run tomorrow on new MC7455 that has never been upgraded before with logs and I will do second run on this one as well with logs.

-Sebastian