MC7455 9008 Device

Noah Taber noahtaber at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 15:07:09 UTC 2017

Aleksander,

There are 2 things that I can think of that would have caused the modem to
be in this state:

   1. I advised my colleague to run the following
   command"at!usbcomp=1,1,505." This should have enabled the DM, NMEA, RMNET0
   and RMNET1 interfaces on the mc7455.  My colleague runs an MC7354 in his
   cradlepoint router.  Those are the interfaces that were enabled when the
   MC7354 was plugged in, except for RMNET2 and RMNET3 which the MC7455
   doesn't have (right?).
   2. Plugging the MC7455 into the cradlepoint router after running the
   command above.

What are your thoughts?  Hopefully I didn't advise him to brick his own
MC7455 with the command.  I've enabled and disabled many of the interfaces
many times on the MC7455 and never had a problem.

Sebastian, I'm curious to know if updating the firmware actually works.  My
colleague is a little frustrated right now to delve into linux.  Please let
me know if you had a chance to do this.