MC7455 9008 Device

Sebastian Sjoholm sebastian.sjoholm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 16:02:46 UTC 2017

> On Jan 19, 2017, at 16:07 , Noah Taber <noahtaber at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Aleksander,
>
> There are 2 things that I can think of that would have caused the modem to be in this state:
> 	• I advised my colleague to run the following command"at!usbcomp=1,1,505." This should have enabled the DM, NMEA, RMNET0 and RMNET1 interfaces on the mc7455.  My colleague runs an MC7354 in his cradlepoint router.  Those are the interfaces that were enabled when the MC7354 was plugged in, except for RMNET2 and RMNET3 which the MC7455 doesn't have (right?).
> 	• Plugging the MC7455 into the cradlepoint router after running the command above.
> What are your thoughts?  Hopefully I didn't advise him to brick his own MC7455 with the command.  I've enabled and disabled many of the interfaces many times on the MC7455 and never had a problem.
>
> Sebastian, I'm curious to know if updating the firmware actually works.  My colleague is a little frustrated right now to delve into linux.  Please let me know if you had a chance to do this.

The EM7455 that were in “wierd” state (not sure if it was same as yours) I was able to install to original firmware (via the windows binary exe), and then use the qmi-firmware-update to update it to latest, that worked well.

I have set the xx7455 in 1,1,50D state before the upgrade, as that is the normal state I use it with, it basically the same as you have, except that I have added the AT port as well (which is nice backup, if QMI stops responding for some reason).

But I will run tomorrow couple of more MC7455 as well with full logging. I could try to get to the “wierd” state again, and see if I can recover from it with qmi-firmware-update.

-Sebastian