Error setting operating mode.

Paul Gildea gildeap at tcd.ie
Thu Mar 2 12:10:15 UTC 2017

Thanks, transition makes sense to me now. Seems persistent-low-power does
the job for airplane mode.
You are right, you can only go offline -> reset. I had thought going from
offline to low-power/persistent low power was working due to the
informational message ("Operating mode set successfully") but when you
query them it indicates reset as mode, so I know I need to reset.

qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-set-operating-mode=offline
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Operating mode set successfully

qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-get-operating-mode
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Operating mode retrieved:
        Mode: 'offline'
        Reason: 'unknown'
        HW restricted: 'no'

qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-set-operating-mode=low-power
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Operating mode set successfully

qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-get-operating-mode
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Operating mode retrieved:
        Mode: 'reset'
        HW restricted: 'no'

This is however useful as you can go offline, go to persistent-low-power
and then will be in that mode upon reboot.

Thanks!

--
Paul