No Connection After Upgrade to

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Mar 23 11:15:19 UTC 2017

Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> writes:
> On Wed, 2017-03-22 at 10:49 -0400, Adam Sherman wrote:
>> I just upgraded using the Debian packages for Xenial, but I can no
>> longer connect.
>>
>> What information should I provide to narrow down this issue?
>
> So you're getting a PolicyMismatch error; which as far as we can tell
> is related to IPv4 vs. IPv6 support.  Could be that MM is requesting an
> IPv6 connection but your device doesn't have a profile to support that?

You can get a PolicyMismatch error even if you have a dual-stack
profile, if you try to create a dual-stack connection without using the
"Set IP Family" request to toggle between IPv4 and IPv6.  Using the
"IP Family Preference" TLV during connect is not sufficient.

I hit this recently when trying to create a dual-stack connection on a
Huawei E392 using qmicli.

There hasn't been any changes to how MM will create dual-stack QMI
connections recently?