how to support EM7565 modem

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Nov 14 14:27:34 UTC 2017

dailijin  <dailijin126 at 126.com> writes:

> I just tested GobiNet driver for the modem, seems only the latest
> GobiNet driver can support the modem. so not sure whether also need
> new qmi_wwan driver to support it. the modem pid:vid is 1199:9091
> which is not included in qmi_wwan driver now.
>

> I have no environment now. will update my investigation result when I
> have the modem again.

Looking forward to that.  Please post as much details as you can about
the modem and testing. I guess it will take some time before this modem
is generally available, based on the MC/EM7455 experiences.

Adding a new ID to qmi_wwan should be no problem if you are able to
build GobiNet.  It's also possible to test the modem by adding the ID
dynamically, using the new_id attribute.  But then you have to take
special care to make sure only the QMI interface(s) are bound to the
qmi_wwan driver.

If you can do any testing in MBIM mode, then those results would also be
interesting.  This should just work without any driver or userspace
changes.  In theory...