Firmware update of MC7455 timing out.

Paul Gildea gildeap at tcd.ie
Thu Nov 30 15:09:57 UTC 2017

> I'm trying to use the firmware update tool to change the current firmware
> (SWI9X30C_02.08.02.00 r5428 CARMD-EV-FRMWR2 2016/01/06 20:38:53) to the
> verizon firmware available on the Sierra Wireless site:
> https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/
> minicard/74xx/airprime-em_mc74xx-approved-fw-packages/
>
> I have tried the following command but I am getting an error, any ideas? I
> have tried with several MC7455's and I have been able to upgrade MC7304
> firmware previously without a problem.
>

> qmi-firmware-update --update -w /dev/cdc-wdm0
> /jffs2/flash/SWI9X30C_02.24.05.06.cwe
> /jffs2/flash/SWI9X30C_02.24.05.06_VERIZON_002.034_000.nvu

> setting firmware preference:
>
>   firmware version: '02.24.05.06'
>
>   config version:   '002.034_000'
>
>   carrier:          'VERIZON'
>
> rebooting in download mode...
>
> download mode detected
>
> error: error creating device: timed out waiting for the response
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Paul

I have done some more testing and now realised every MC7455 modem I try to
update is now stuck in "low-power" mode  and I can not get it out of it.
Although the mode should not be persistent over power cycle it is. I will
see are there any other AT commands I can try to get out of that state.

I also got a different error a couple of the times I tried today:

setting firmware preference:
  firmware version: '02.24.05.06'
  config version:   '002.034_000'
  carrier:          'VERIZON'
rebooting in download mode...
download mode detected
error: error creating device: unexpected response received in dload sdp:
0x13

--
Paul