Firmware update of MC7455 timing out.

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Nov 30 17:35:00 UTC 2017

Paul Gildea <gildeap at tcd.ie> writes:

> Thanks for the help Dan,
>
> Here are both methods for completeness! (The output is the same for two
> MC7455's that I tried to upgrade.)
>
> AT!ENTERCND="A710"
> OK
> AT!GOBIIMPREF?
> !GOBIIMPREF:
>  preferred fw version:    02.24.05.06
>  preferred carrier name:  VERIZON
>  preferred config name:   VERIZON_002.034_000
>  current fw version:      02.08.02.00
>
>  current carrier name:    GENERIC
>
>  current config name:     GENERIC_002.007_001
>

>  fw version mismatch
>
>  carrier name mismatch
>
>  config name mismatch
>

> OK

This is a typical result of failed upgrades: You have told the modem to
use the VERIZON 02.24.05.06 firmware, but this version is not yet
installed.

I don't know why your firmware upgrades fail, but fixing the low power
issue by switching to one of the installed images is easy:

 AT!ENTERCND="A710"
 AT!IMPREF="GENERIC"
 AT!RESET

or maybe you want

 AT!IMPREF="VERIZON"

instead? Not sure how that will work out, but I see that you do have a
02.05.07.00 verizon image installed.

> qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm2 --dms-list-stored-images

You can list the same in the AT command interface:

AT!IMAGE?

Or maybe AT!GOBIIMAGE? Some firmware versions use AT!GOBIIMPREF and
AT!GOBIIMAGE, as well as the GOBIIM flag.  I believe newer firmwares
prefer AT!IMPREF and AT!IMAGE, and use the IMSWITCH flag.  The meaning
is the same.  Whatever works is fine.