{EXT}: Re: SIMCOM7600H-PCIE

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri May 25 11:33:06 UTC 2018

Reinhard Speyerer <rspmn at arcor.de> writes:

> here is the lsusb output for a SIM7100C running firmware 4534B11SIM7100C
> and a SIM7230E running firmware 2035B02SIM7230E.

Great. Thanks!  The SIM7100C output is indentical to the SIM7100E sample
I had, so there is a strong indication that the signature differences
we've idenditifed are on fact stable.

The SIM7230E is similar to the other SIM7230E sample I had, but yours
has an additional MBIM configuration and a slightly different set of
vendor specific functions in the first config. The other sample also had
a different (Generic Qualcomm) device ID for some reason.  Interestingly
though, they both present the exact same bcdDevice version: 2.28

> If you don't find a good way to distinguish "old" and "new" 1e0e:9001
> devices a qmi_wwan change like commit 14cf4a771b3098e431d2677e3533bdd962e478d8
> ("drivers: net: usb: qmi_wwan: add QMI_QUIRK_SET_DTR for Telit PID 0x1201")
> might be the simplest way to proceed.

Thanks a lot for that pointer,  I had totally forgotten that we already
had one example of this being OK for a specific set of "old" and "new"
devices.

Yes, that is definitely the simplest, which is reason enough to try it
out first before resorting to more complex and error-prone solutions.