Advise on usage

Lodewijk Duymaer van Twist lodewijk at adesys.nl
Wed May 30 05:41:59 UTC 2018

Hi,

I would like to ask for some advice.

We are developing a new generation or our alarm dialer product, for which we used to use AT commands in the old days, but now we have luxury of developing a platform on which we can use libqmi. We are kind of overwhelmed by libqmi and all its capabilities. We have the need for the following capabilities and:
- SIM card unlocking/changing pin code/puk code, etc.
- Starting and answering voice calls (we will be using TTS for communication).
- DTMF
- Network connectivity internet or private APN.
- SMS messaging

What is best practice for the above features libqmi, ModemManager, at commands? or a combination.

Also would you recommend a book or site for further reading?

Kind regards,

Lodewijk Duymaer van Twist