qmi sensor services

Luca Weiss luca at z3ntu.xyz
Tue Aug 6 14:11:43 UTC 2019

Hi,
I'm working on a mainline kernel for the Fairphone 2, which is based on the
msm8974 (Snapdragon 801) chipset.

The sensors on that device are directly connected to the ADSP. Bjorn Andersson
has told me that there are about 10-15 qmi protocols related to sensors, which
are implemented in libsensors1.so or some other blob shipped with Android.

Unfortunately I haven't found anything related to sensors in existing
projects, so that's why I'm asking here.

qrtr-lookup lists services 256, 257, 263, 264 and 269 as unknown and I haven't
found those values defined in libqmi, qrtr or ofono header files, so I'm
guessing at least some of those are those sensor services. (another unknown
service (48) appears after the modem is started so that one is something
modem-related probably)

Can anyone advice me on how to proceed?

Thanks a lot,
Luca