Network starting error in Quectel EC25-J .

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Feb 7 14:51:10 UTC 2019

Hey,

> qmi-network start is not working , i have check all qmicli ,everything seems good but even it is not working . if anyone can help me to get started qmi dial up,
> I have tested other commands i am able to get status, network, scan etc
> I use Raspberry pi. i have intalled ltest libqmi
>
> sudo qmi-network /dev/cdc-wdm0 start
>     APN: isp.docomoiot.net
>     APN user: unset
>     APN password: unset
>     qmi-proxy: yes
> Checking data format with 'qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wda-get-data-format --device-open-proxy'...
> [07 Feb 2019, 09:34:25] -Warning ** [/dev/cdc-wdm0] requested auto mode but no MBIM QMUX support available
> Device link layer protocol retrieved: raw-ip
> Getting expected data format with 'qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-expected-data-format'...
> [07 Feb 2019, 09:34:25] -Warning ** [/dev/cdc-wdm0] requested auto mode but no MBIM QMUX support available
> Expected link layer protocol retrieved: 802-3
> Updating kernel link layer protocol with 'qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --set-expected-data-format=raw-ip'...
> [07 Feb 2019, 09:34:25] -Warning ** [/dev/cdc-wdm0] requested auto mode but no MBIM QMUX support available
> error: cannot set expected data format: Expected data format not updated properly to 'raw-ip': got '802-3' instead
> Error updating kernel link layer protocol

This is one issue here. The EC25 is configured to use raw-ip, and so
we *try* to set the expected data format in the kernel to raw-ip, but
we're failing to do so. This will only work in Linux >=4.5, where the
raw-ip support was introduced in the kernel.

> Starting network with 'qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-start-network=apn='isp.docomoiot.net'  --client-no-release-cid --device-open-proxy'...
> [07 Feb 2019, 09:34:25] -Warning ** [/dev/cdc-wdm0] requested auto mode but no MBIM QMUX support available
> error: couldn't start network: QMI protocol error (26): 'NoEffect'

Another issue here, although probably not a big deal. Looks like the
module is set to autoconnect, so an attempt to reconnect manually with
WDS Start Network will yield the "NoEffect" error. You can probably
avoid this by reconfiguring the module not to autoconnect, e.g.
"qmicli --wds-set-autoconnect-settings=disabled"