MMS retrieval

Christopher McKenzie chris at waive.car
Wed Jun 12 21:05:22 UTC 2019

As usual the people on stackoverflow seem to not have any of the
troubles I do.

I've tried binding it both to my ipv4 and ipv6 address. I tried running
the initial binary through the MMS decoder here
(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/heyman/mms-decoder/master/mmsdecoder.php)
which gave useful information such as the size etc but nothing that
looks like some kind of salt or auth token I might need to pass (nobody
is *suggesting* this, I'm just kinda out of ideas)

It's important to note that there seems to be some other container
format (here's a dump of the mms I'm looking at now http://9ol.es/mms)
The decodable parts are 0x26-0xcf

Also there is this other hint. There's these two strings:

http://ttnmmsget.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc?T=mavodi-1-13b-ad-4-9d-3fd9efc
mavodi-1-89-1b-5-9d-1-ad-4-9d-3fd9efc

Upon closer inspection they aren't the same.
mavodi-1-13b-ad-4-9d-3fd9efc
mavodi-1-89-1b-5-9d-1-ad-4-9d-3fd9efc

I'm thinking that the 3GPP TS 33.220 has an opinion on what that means
but I haven't gone through the trouble of looking at it.

Lastly I tried very small files on the theory that all of this is simply
to stitch large files over some limited connection but alas, that also
led nowhere.