MMS retrieval BAM! got it

Christopher McKenzie chris at waive.car
Wed Jun 12 21:23:55 UTC 2019

So it was a dns thing, like most problems of this type are.  I ignore
the carriers 10.*.*.* dns entries and used googles because they're
almost always faster.

But wouldn't you know it that if I use the carriers dns entries the url
resolves to a 10.* address and a straight curl call works.

So yeah, if you need to retrieve MMS from t-mobile use their DNS to do
it. If you go off the reservation with curl and wget and custom compile
it, you can get a --dns-servers option if you want to avoid doing
anything clever but default debian doesn't have that in there for either.