[review] EM75xx firmware update using qmi-firmware-update

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Jun 25 07:30:12 UTC 2019

Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> writes:

> P.S.: I have really done tons of failed attempts before getting the
> process more or less right and consistent, and my one and only EM7565
> is still alive.

That's good to know ;-)

One issue I am still wondering about: How does secure boot affect
upgrades?  I guess you can't go back after updating to release 10
(SWI9X50C_01.07.00.00) or newer?  And you probably can't upload any of
your own NVU modifications after that either?

But I guess it doesn't matter. We have no other choice than accept
signed firmwres as a feature..