Issues with IPv4v6 and IPv6 on openwrt with a Quectel EG06-E

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Nov 8 08:40:09 UTC 2019

Hey Thomas,

> Sorry, I have to disappoint you. Under normal circumstances - I send the
> questions/logfiles to you :-)

Hehe :)

> Around Christmastime I have a chance to go to the border of Denmark.
> (I visit  Schleswig and Flensburg)
> But I won't probably buy a sim card there.
>
> I can do short roaming tests there, if needed.

Not needed, no. I was really hoping you could have identified why we
have that NoEffect error in the IPv6 WDS client when doing Start
Network, and then OutOfCall when getting network settings. Maybe it
was some common behavior on IPv6 testing that I wasn't aware of and
you already had detected earlier.

> I am little bit surprised about openwrt with modemmanager. I thought they use
> uqmi and umbim.

MM was integrated in openwrt-packages some weeks ago. They still have
uqmi and umbim, but in my opinion they try to handle different kinds
of setups. As soon as the device has a decent amount of RAM and disk,
I personally prefer to use MM.

> It is on my list - "what could I do, if have to much time".  At the moment I
> own an openwrt router ( https://openwrt.org/toh/gl.inet/gl-ar750 )
>
> I have no clue how to install development files there.
> At the moment I am fine with "opkg install..."

It's quite easy to build an openwrt image from scratch, at least for
the devices I play with. Once you have a custom build for your
specific device, you can always build ModemManager/libqmi/libmbim as
packages and install them with opkg one by one (instead of reflashing
the whole system).