QMI protocol error (14): 'CallFailed' when starting network

LY Laura laura.ly at thalesgroup.com
Tue Jul 20 09:29:53 UTC 2021

Hello,

I have been trying to setup QMI on the PLS83 module from Gemalto.
I did all the previous steps before trying to start the network but I always end up with this error which I don't know how to solve :

sudo qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm1 -p --wds-start-network="ip-type=4,apn=myapn" --client-no-release-cid
error: couldn't start network: QMI protocol error (14): 'CallFailed'
call end reason (1): generic-unspecified
verbose call end reason (2,241): [internal] (null)
[/dev/cdc-wdm1] Client ID not released:
              Service: 'wds'

Could you tell me what this error corresponds to ?

Thank you,
BR

Laura