QMI protocol error (14): 'CallFailed' when starting network

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Jul 26 22:17:31 UTC 2021

Hey Laura,

+Giacinto in CC

> I have been trying to setup QMI on the PLS83 module from Gemalto.
>
> I did all the previous steps before trying to start the network but I always end up with this error which I don’t know how to solve :
>

> sudo qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm1 -p --wds-start-network="ip-type=4,apn=myapn" --client-no-release-cid
>
> error: couldn't start network: QMI protocol error (14): 'CallFailed'
>
> call end reason (1): generic-unspecified
>
> verbose call end reason (2,241): [internal] (null)
>
> [/dev/cdc-wdm1] Client ID not released:
>
>               Service: 'wds'
>

> Could you tell me what this error corresponds to ?

Internal verbose error code 241 seems to be:
    QMI_WDS_VERBOSE_CALL_END_REASON_INTERNAL_INTERFACE_IN_USE_CONFIG_MATCH
  = 241,

Could it be that the modem is already connected in that interface?
Maybe autoconnect is enabled? What MM version are you testing with?

I've tried here with a PLS83 (firmware version
MPSS.JO.2.0.2.c1.1-00065-9607_GENNS_PACK-1) and I couldn't reproduce
your issue, using MM git master.