About system-selection-preference

Sai Chaitanya msaichaitanya at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 10:40:44 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I am wondering if it is possible to set the modem to use only LTE, hoping
to see some improvement in the power consumption, but it is the same.

I used "qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --nas-set-system-selection-preference=lte"
and I can see with the get command that it is set correctly. But when I

$ qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --nas-get-system-selection-preference
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Successfully got system selection preference
Emergency mode: 'no'
Mode preference: 'lte'
Band preference: 'gsm-dcs-1800, gsm-900-extended, wcdma-2100, wcdma-900'
LTE band preference: '1, 3, 7, 8, 20, 28'
LTE band preference (extended): '1, 3, 7, 8, 20, 28'
TD-SCDMA band preference: '(null)'
Roaming preference: 'any'
Network selection preference: 'automatic'
Service domain preference: 'cs-ps'
GSM/WCDMA acquisition order preference: 'automatic'
Usage preference: 'voice-centric'
Voice domain preference: 'ps-preferred'
Registration restriction: 'unrestricted'
* Acquisition order preference: lte, umts, gsm, cdma-1x, cdma-1xevdo*

But the acquisition order still shows all RATs and also, when I scan
with *qmicli
-d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --nas-network-scan, *I see gsm, umts cells also along with
lte. I am wondering if the preference setting is limited to just preferring
lte over other RATs, instead of skipping all of the 2G/3G services running
in the modem, because of which, maybe there is not much improvement in the
power consumption. In other words, I am looking for an impact similar to
AT+QCFG with qmicli. Not sure if that is possible at the moment.

Thanks and regards,
Sai.