About LIBQMI APIs

Sai Chaitanya msaichaitanya at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 09:56:11 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am looking at QMI APIs, specially interested in
qmi_client_wds_start_network ()
The references that I could find for the usage of this are only in qmicli
and modem manager. Initially I thought that the API can be used directly,
but looking at the approach followed in QMICLI, it looks like there is a
need for a set of APIs to be called in a specific sequence, before the
start API can be used. Is that correct? And for someone new to libqmi and
wondering if the modem can be enabled with use of QMI APIs included in
build, instead of using QMICLI or QMI-NETWORK, is there any other simpler
approach than that is followed in QMICLI?

In short, lets say I don't want anything other than just to start/stop the
data connection on the modem with a simple set of QMI APIs, is that
possible?

Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Sai.