WP7610 connects but fails to provide data

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Mar 25 09:18:10 UTC 2021

Hey,

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 3:12 AM Tom Isaacson <tom.isaacson at teknique.com> wrote:

> Still working with the Sierra Wireless WP7610. I can run the command:
> $ sudo qmicli --device=/dev/cdc-wdm0 --device-open-proxy
> --client-no-release-cid --wds-start-network="ip-type=4"
> [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Network started
> Packet data handle: '2266820176'
> [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Client ID not released:
> Service: 'wds'
>     CID: '17'
>
> But the module doesn't provide a functioning connection

What do you mean with it not providing a functioning connection?

After you run --wds-start-network, you would need to run
--wds-get-current-settings, and then configure the WWAN interface with
the settings you have there.

Also, the device may be configured to use raw-ip probably, you can
check that with --wda-get-data-format. If it expects raw-ip, you also
need to configure the kernel driver to use that, e.g. qmicli
--set-expected-data-format=raw-ip