libqmi, LTE RAT link dropout, reconnect, surveillance etc.

Christian Melki christian.melki at t2data.com
Thu Apr 14 13:04:33 UTC 2022

Hi.

Trying to understand how to deal with various network errors that result
in some sort of disconnection.
I've seen situations where the networks seems to drop a client when it's
crowded or some other errors occur.

How does one deal with situations like these? Detection? Fallback?
Reconnections etc?

Does libqmi provide any detection mechanism or reconnection mechanism
that discovers network errors (not just automatic connect on powerup?).

To my surprise I can't find much regarding this subject, so any help is
appreciated.

Regards,
Christian