libqmi, LTE RAT link dropout, reconnect, surveillance etc.

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Thu Apr 14 18:01:38 UTC 2022

On 4/14/22 13:57, Christian Melki wrote:

> Hi Peter.
>
> Suspected it would be a bit of a minefield. Do you have pointers to code
> or scripts that deal with different aspects of this?
>
> I guess I'll have to develop some sort of link monitoring for my uses
> aswell.
>
> Thanks.

I'm afraid a lot of the work I've done to date is proprietary and can't
be shared, but I have posted some items to this and the MM list.  However,
I'm happy to talk through specifics, especially since I think that would be to
my benefit and everyone else's.

However, in short, the monitoring is on the modem devices and ModemManager
state and kind of went from there.

I did propose some removal of PPP options during compilation, since this
was a very real and serious problem for us, however it seems that needs
some extra refinement, since it's still not 100%.