Querying operator name

Tom Isaacson tom.isaacson at teknique.com
Tue Sep 6 16:42:11 UTC 2022

When I query different SIM cards with:
qmicli --device=/dev/cdc-wdm0 --device-open-qmi --nas-get-operator-name

I get different responses. My first SIM returned:

*Service Provider Name    Display Condition: '(null)'    Name             :
'Skinny'*

But in the US that was missing, so I switched to:

*NITZ information:    Long Name:  'AT&T'    Short Name: 'AT&T'    Country:
   'initials-do-not-add'*

which was also included in the first SIM. But now I'm trying a UK SIM and I
get:

*PLMN List:    MCC/MNC: '234-15'  LAC Range: 0->65279 PNN Record: 1*

which I assume refers to http://mcc-mnc.com/. Do I have to include a copy
of this list on my device to lookup the operator name? Are there any other
formats that can get returned by this command?

Thanks.

Tom Isaacson