[LGM] Preparations for LGM 2013: Future Tools are underway

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Dec 4 16:15:50 PST 2012

On 12/03/2012 12:17 PM, Femke Snelting wrote:
> The Libre Graphics Meeting 2013 site is up
> http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2013
>
> You can already submit proposals for presentations, and/or sign-up for
> the meeting.

While I like the idea of having something of a theme in the
presentations, I would not like to see people feeling they shouldn't
talk if they don't have something to say about some collaborative
effort. I think it's always good to hear about new things going on with
the various graphics projects, such as Richard Hughes talking about
ColorHug for example.

Another thought is having something like poster presentations one
day/afternoon with materials pinned up to large bulletin boards, the
idea being to get small groups and individuals discussing some topic of
interest to the presenter. We have typically had lightning talks, of
course, but this would be less formal, and more flexible.

At any rate, it's a matter of thinking about new things to do, new ways
of sharing information.

Greg