[LGM] invitations

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 09:15:39 PST 2012

2012/2/28 ale rimoldi <a.l.e at ideale.ch>

> hi,
>
>  What's the deal with invitations for visa application this year? Who
>> sends them?
>>

> as far as i can tell, there is no solution ready, yet... but nobody has
> really asked for an invitation, either.
> (there have been two requests, but i didn't see any feedback after the
> first reply from our side).

Actually, we have one and I should respond quickly. The fact is I have no
idea if an invitation letter written from outside the country where the
event takes place has any weight in the process? If we could have an answer
on that from any Austrian consulate or ambasssy, telling us we can write
such letters — say, Ale and myself for instance, then I would be more than
glad to sign it.

I have to run now but will keep an eye one that thread.

Please ping me or even phone me if anything.

Louis

> we will have to find a solution as soon as somebody needs an invitation!
> ... but, there probably won't be a straightforward, one size fits all,
> solution, since nobody in the organization team is living in austria.
>
> only one thing is sure: we probably won't be able to fullfill requests for
> last minute invitations.
>

> ciao
> a.l.e

Louis Desjardins