[LGM] [CREATE] Next Libre Graphics Meeting. Madrid.

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Jun 7 01:44:25 PDT 2012

hi

> I'm Mónica from Medialab-Prado, where the Libre Graphics Meeting will
> take place next year- 2013.
>
> It's a pleasure for us to propose you the following dates for the
> Meeting: April from 10 to 13.
> Following the international meeting, an  Interactivos? workshop will
> take place. It is aimed to develop projects related to Libre graphics
> contents. Interactivos? will take place from April 13 to 27.
>
> Hope this schedule suits you,
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you!

while the date is perfect for me, i was wondering if we shouldn't think
about getting the LGM to be more compatible with the needs of students.

personally, i've heard of many "no, thanks" from students, and the
reason was that the LGM was during the academic year.
and this is a pity, since we want the youngsters to be there!

as far as i know, the academic year is standardized all over western
europe and for 2013 the summer semester should go from 18.02.2013 to
31.05.2013, with some easter holidays from march 29th and april 7th (i
couldn't find out if this week is a standard holiday or is only common
in switzerland).

i don't know if there is still room for a change for 2013, but i think
that those dates could be considered for future LGMs in europe.

have a nice day

a.l.e