[LGM] Call for presentations LGM 2013

Femke Snelting snelting at collectifs.net
Tue Nov 27 12:43:05 PST 2012

>>> Is LGM interesting/important enough to have a serious academic track?
>>>
>>> Get some color science students and professors, maybe? I can think of
>>> several people who do researches and work on free software (and are
>>> Europe-based).
>>
>> I support this.
>
> Well, I could start talking to a few folks I know, if nobody minds.

I'd say LGM is pretty serious, though not an academic context. That could be exactly why it could be interesting for color science people?

Medialab Prado is already in contact with local universities (amongst others Universidad Complutense de Madrid); if you have specific questions/ideas, please contact the local team directly: Monica Cachafeiro <monica at medialab-prado.es> and Laura Fernández <laura at medialab-prado.es>

>> Plus I support A. Prokoudine as part of the committee, if he kindly accepts
>> to join, of course! :-)

Good idea Louis!

> Depends on how much needs getting done. Our next conference (at work)
> is in late March, hence I expect to have very little spare time
> throughout all of February and March.
>
> I can help reviewing talk submissions and do the usual magic glue
> work, but nothing beyond that, I'm afraid. Maybe a bit of help with
> press-releases and the post-release too (since I do that at work
> anyway).

Selection will happen between 15 and 25 February so that would work and glad to have you around :)

Please don't forget to check http://lgm2013.titanpad.com/1 and make changes if needed.

Femke