[LGM] LGM organisation

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Apr 16 06:32:23 PDT 2013

On 04/15/2013 11:05 AM, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> [ Pursuing from the Create list on the libre-graphics-meeting list... ]
>
> We are not coming at this organisation discussion out of the blue. There
> has been *lots* of discussions about LGM venue in the short past. The
> results of this thinking is on the Create wiki.

What I would like to see coming out of a "stronger" LGM organization is
the development of a well-known and documented method to explain how
submissions can be presented, and that these submissions need to first
be vetted by the board, to make sure that before there is any attempt at
consensus from LGM as a whole all the necessary information is present
in any proposal.

So in other words, the process involves a submission to the core board
members, so that they see that all the necessary elements are included
in the proposal. This should also contain information about the host
city, access from various parts of the world, any visa or security
concerns, safety for tourists, availability of hotels and other
accommodations, and so on.

Any submission which isn't complete or clearly unsatisfactory in some
way should not be considered until issues are resolved.

We might consider adding a page to the LGM site(s) that provides
information and links so that this can be easily found.

Greg