[LGM] [CREATE] The CREATE wiki

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Apr 17 02:10:42 PDT 2013

On 17 April 2013 10:20, ale rimoldi <a.l.e at ideale.ch> wrote:
> a mixed solution with a *pad (collaborative working +
> archeology) and wordpress (structured and "production" documents).

I think pads are great for synchronous collaborative editing, and
having the "production" documents served from MarkDown files in a git
repo means to have a synchronous session, one copies the production
txt file into a pad, has a real time session with the others, and then
checks in the new txt file to the git repo.

WordPress has MarkDown support for posts, of course, but how is the
database being backed up? With git, everyone has a complete backup at
all times.

The only problem with this is that the LGM site wants to offer forms
which a static site won't offer.