[LGM] reimbursing traveling expenses: for active people or for presentations?

ale rimoldi a.l.e at ideale.ch
Tue Feb 5 03:26:07 PST 2013

On 2/5/13 12:02 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 2:40 PM, ale rimoldi <a.l.e at ideale.ch> wrote:
>> hi
>>
>> on google+, i read the following post by alexandre prokoudine:
>>
>> """
>> We reimburse travel expenses to people who give talks. Hence you need to
>> submit a talk proposal.
>> """
>>
>> i thought that the policy, was that people actively participating in the LGM
>> are getting their traveling expenses reimbursed, if they asked for it.
> Mmm? Since when?

has been that way for years.

> Completely agreed :)
>> and it does not really matter if they're giving a talk or not!
> Yes, in the past LGM orgs reimbursed teams too. AFAIK, Rawstudio teams
> always got reimbursements even though they didn't give talks. How
> would that information be of value to Nina Paley, I have no idea :)

i can give you an idea then:

"""
if you -- nina -- come to the lgm, are active there and have meetings
with the teams that produce animation software, we can certainly treat
you as a developer, who is entitled for reimbursing!
you're also welcome to give a talk presenting your ideas!
"""

as a side note: we have never promised full reimbursement... even if all
participants asking for it have always been fully reimbursed... with a
huge delays, usually.

ciao
a.l.e