[LGM] [CREATE] Preparations for LGM 2013: Future Tools are underway

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 02:09:13 PST 2013

Hi,

guess a small presentation is in order: my name is Jehan. I am a
contributor in various FLOSS graphics-related projects: officially one of
the GIMP/babl/GEGL developers since very recently, I pushed the support
backport of Wacom Intuos5 tablets into the Mageia 2 distribution (update
released today!), various minor patches to various projects (libora,
dvdstyler, etc.).

Basically I am not a big major contributor in a single project, but I do a
lot of small features or bug fixes when I need or want them
implemented/fixed in all the programs I use. That's it for the
presentation. :-)

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM, Femke Snelting <snelting at collectifs.net>wrote:

> The Libre Graphics Meeting 2013 site is up http://libregraphicsmeeting.**
> org/2013 <http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2013>
>
> You can already submit proposals for presentations, and/or sign-up for the
> meeting.

I have a few questions, if you don't mind (I guess you don't :p).

1/ If I have several "hats", can I propose one talk and one workshop, but
for different projects?
Basically I have just proposed a workshop about media production workflows,
with my Studio Girin (http://girinstud.io) hat, which is my main project.

But as I am also an active member of the Apertus project (
http://apertus.org/), a project dedicated to build an open-hardware camera
and a set of software tools, after discussing with the maintainer, we
thought I could as well make a short talk to present this project, if I am
to be there.

Is it a problem?

2/ Your call for presentation is unclear if the times for the various talk
formats include questions or not. For instance a "short talk", is it 10
minutes, with or without question time included?

3/ Is there a way to know before the deadline if our talks will be likely
accepted. As I will stay in Europe only for 3 months before going away for
a long time, that may impact my schedule to know if I *MUST* be in Spain (=
I have committed myself to a presentation and it got accepted) vs "I'd like
to go there if I have time, but that's not priority if something comes up
because I have no commitment".
Note that I'd love to go there, no matter what; but as I have been away
from my native country most of my time for the last 5 years, I have a lot
of people to visit. Only knowing that my workshop is accepted will make me
book my schedule for sure.

Thank you very much!

Jehan